Inspire awards – MANAK
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research’ (INSPIRE) scheme is one of the flagship programmes of Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India. The INSPIRE Awards – MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspirations and Knowledge), being executed by DST with National Innovation Foundation – India (NIF), an autonomous body of DST, aims to motivate students in the age group of 10-15 years and studying in classes 6 to 10. The objective of the scheme is to target one million original ideas/innovations rooted in science and societal applications to foster a culture of creativity and innovative thinking among school children.
Five students from each school are nominated for the District Level Competitions. Best ideas will be selected from DST and NIF. The selected students can participate in District Level Competitions and then in the State Level and at the National Level.
- Apeksha P Chakravarthy was selected by DST and NIF to participate in the District Level Competition for the year 2018-19. Her model was a Smart Wrist Band.
Two students were selected to participate in District Level Competition in the year 2019-2020
- Pranav H made a model of a Smart Helmet.
- Sushanth Kabbinada exhibited his model which was a Biometric Electronic Voting Machine
In the year 2020-2021, five students were selected to participate in the District Level Competition.
- In the year 2020-2021, five students were selected to participate in the District Level Competition.
- Tanuj S made a model of how a house garbage can be disposed.
- Sharath H designed a model of an Automatic Road Barrier in the forest to prevent accidents caused to wild animals.
- Nitya Patel designed a Low Cost Smart Phone Projector.
- Guruprasad of 10th B made an innovative model of a Smart Goggles for the Blind in the year 2020-2021. He is shortlisted to represent the school for the State Level Competition
- Samhitha S and A A Ahendra C Urs have been selected to participate in District Level Competition for the 2021-2022. They will be appearing before the committee shortly to exhibit their model.